Sunday, December 29, 2013

Well, you know those items that bring back those warm fuzzy feelings? YES, well, this one did. I was out and about doing my hobby, as hubs says, and stumble upon this wonderful McCoy Pottery Stove Oven Cookie Jar. It immediately reminded me of my Grandma. As young children my Mom and Dad would let us spend the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa at their home in Northridge, Ca. My brother and sister and I would go there in the summers and have fun swimming on hot humid days. After we swam, Grandma would ask if anyone wanted to make cookies. We all screamed YES! of course. Who wouldn't? From scratch home baked were the best. Grandma didn't have any fancy baking or cooking tools, or even a fancy kitchen. (She and my Grandpa grew up in the Depression Era here in the West. To look at them back then who would have thought they had any money. BUT the love and memories they gave us was well worth more than any money.) She would go about getting all the pans, tools and ingredients out. We'd help by measuring the ingredients, cracking the eggs, stirring, and drop spoonfuls onto the baking pan. She'd heat the oven and we'd put them in to bake. MmmmmMmmm! The wafting aroma of chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies always drifted from the kitchen to all parts of the house and even outside. The best part was lifting those warm sugary delights off the pan with a spatula and onto a plate or paper towel. A nice cold glass of milk always complimented their flavorful wonderfulness. Rarely would any be "leftover". But, Grandma DID have a cookie jar. Hers was a Pawnee White Elephant Cookie Jar. It was always tucked away in the corner of her kitchen counter behind the bread drawer. Rarely were any cookies ever found in there, although I remember looking a few times! When she and my Grandpa passed I inherited them. It brought back good memories for me and I did not want to lose them. So when I saw this Stove Oven Cookie Jar I had to snatch it up. I knew someone else would want those memories that they made with they cherished loved one to be remembered. The person who bought this did just that! Objects like this cookie jar do just that. I hope that your cookie jars make others think of the love you showed them. Happy making cookies and memories!
To view items from my shop Holey Gwackamoley! click here

No comments:

Post a Comment