Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 230th Birthday America!

Yep, had to calculate that one up! I do remember 1976 and our countries Bi-centennial. Seems like yesterday. Our founding Fathers sure went through a lot to even get to the Declaration of Independence. Thank God for them and their families to state and live their convictions, even writing them down for this GRAND new world as they saw it. We need to remember why we have these freedoms. They, along with thousands upon thousands of citizens have defended those freedoms by fighting for us and the good of others to ensure it. To these brave souls, whether past or present, whether men or women, no matter what color, race or heritage, I give honor to. They enable this country to continue on. Thank them today, thank them anyday. Because of that we are able to take the day or weekend off. We relax, vacation, BBQ, go to the beach, swim, and play with our toys and kids. After this day is through it's highlighted and ends with a grandiose fireworks display. Let us not forget.

While I myself was away celebrating was able to sneak a Yard Sale at the campground I was staying at. Because it was at a dam they had a Nature Center there. This yard sale was to benefit that center, so I was even more happy to oblige! I scored some cool finds that I plan to share with you very soon. There was one find I wanted to bring home, but with all our camping gear it would not fit. So the items I have were perfect travel size. Keep posted and you'll soon see those very finds.
Well, happy 230th Birthday America! Be safe with the fireworks.

Holey Gwackamoley!

No comments:

Post a Comment